Dialpad vs Grasshopper
Virtual PBX Comparisons
What is Dialpad?
Dialpad (formerly Switch.co) is a business phone system with many of the same features as Grasshopper. They offer toll free and local numbers, as well as department lines. The system is designed to work with Google Apps and Office 365. Dialpad offers two levels of plans — Standard and Enterprise.
Dialpad went by the previous name — Switch.co — through March of 2016.
What are some key differences between Dialpad and Grasshopper?
- Support: Standard users of Dialpad get access to 24/5 phone and email support. All Grasshopper customers get our 24/7 domestic phone support, no matter what plan you’re on.
- Features and Minutes: Grasshopper and Dialpad have many similar features, but different plan structures including different features and minutes.
- Fax: Dialpad doesn’t offer a fax feature. Grasshopper includes inbound VirtualFax on all plans.
Why should I choose Grasshopper over Dialpad?
- Additional Features: Dialpad users will have to upgrade to an Enterprise plan in order to access the full suite of features, including enhanced support. Grasshopper features and 24/7 support are included on all 4 plans.
- Vanity and Multiple Numbers: With Grasshopper, you can choose a vanity number to represent your business. We also include multiple numbers with our Grow and Max plans (Grow comes with 2 and Max with 3). Dialpad includes one number per user.
- Customer Service: 24/7 live phone support is standard for all Grasshopper customers, and we encourage you to call anytime you have an issue. In order to get 24/7 support from Dialpad, you’ll have to upgrade to an Enterprise plan.
How much does it cost?
Grasshopper and Dialpad have different pricing structures and packages, so it’s hard to compare them side-by-side. The most notable difference is that Dialpad charges per user per month, while Grasshopper is the same price no matter how many users you have.
|$15 per user per month (annually)
or $20 per user per month (monthly)
|Pay As You Grow||RAMP||GROW||MAX|
What do other people think?
“Grasshopper can be used from any location [...] With options such as having a toll-free number, a local number, or multiple extensions, a small business can turn itself into a professional, functioning, office on-the-go.” – Top Consumer Reviews
“If you want something with a lot of features that can help your business grow [and] sound professional like a Fortune 500 company, I'd recommend you to choose Grasshopper.” – Quora
Want to see reviews for Dialpad? You can find them on the Chrome Web Store here.
If you want to compare those with Grasshopper, you can find all of our reviews through our Grasshopper Reviews page.