Grasshopper helps you do business.
All the communication features you need to help run your small business.
Here’s what using Grasshopper is like:
Grasshopper makes it a cinch to communicate like a bigger company.
Answer every call professionally.
- See when an incoming call is for business so you can answer accordingly and sound professional.
- Make your business look bigger with an automated greeting to welcome callers and direct them to departments or employees.
- Get the perfect greeting by taking advantage of professional voice talent in our voice studio.
Hear an example main greeting:
Get in touch from anywhere.
- Your contacts will see your Grasshopper number on the Caller ID when you call using the app.
- Keep your personal number private by calling from your Grasshopper business number.
- Place calls from either your phone, or your computer with our desktop and mobile apps.
- When your cell reception is weak, you can make calls with VoIP/Wi-Fi calling instead.
Respond quickly and quietly, without having to get on the phone.
- Many potential customers prefer texting to calling. Give them the option to text with your business number!
- Can’t talk? Don’t lose business – respond to missed calls from new clients automatically with instant response.
- No need to give out your personal number – you can text using your Grasshopper number.
- Get important information in writing with quick text confirmations.
Always stay informed.
- Easily check business messages by accessing your Grasshopper voicemail box online and in the apps.
- Get emails with MP3s and text transcriptions of your voicemails so you can quickly prioritize them.
- Your Grasshopper number is a virtual fax number! When customers send faxes, they’ll arrive as PDFs in your inbox.
Get going with Grasshopper in 4 steps.
Your new number and virtual system start working right away on the phone(s) you already have.
1. Pick your number and plan.
Choose from our selection of toll-free numbers, vanity numbers, and local numbers. Or, port a number you already love and use. Then pick the plan that fits your business best.
2. Download the Grasshopper apps.
Download and install our convenient desktop or mobile apps to access all of Grasshopper from the office, at home or on the go.
3. Configure your settings.
We'll walk you through the steps on your desktop and mobile device so you'll quickly have Grasshopper running just how you want.
If you ever need help, our award-winning customer support is available 24/7!
4. Put your new number to work!
And just like that, you're ready to receive and make business calls – plus a whole lot more – with Grasshopper.
Get up and running in minutes!
Explore Grasshopper's features:
Desktop + Mobile Apps
Stay connected with Grasshopper on your desktop, iPhone or Android device.
Get your voicemails transcribed so you can read them without having to listen to the message!
Simultaneous Call Handling
Take calls from multiple people at the same time so no one hears a busy signal.
Record professional messages that welcome your customers when they call in.Learn more about Custom Greetings »
Keep your finger on the pulse of your business with detailed call reports.
Live US-based receptionists can help answer your Grasshopper calls!
Provide updates and quick replies via text messaging on your business number.
Use your internet connection to make and receive calls when cell reception is poor.
Have incoming faxes delivered as PDF attachments right to your email inbox.
Incoming Call Control
Screen callers, block calls and set up custom schedules for your business hours.
Business Phone Number
Choose from our inventory of vanity, local, or toll-free numbers. Or port your own for free!
Route business calls to your personal phone or to another team member.
Set up a voicemail for business calls and get MP3s of your messages through email.
Give employees or departments extensions with their own call forwarding rules.
Place callers on hold and even transfer them to another number when needed.
Automatically send a text to new callers when you can’t answer their call.
Over 400,000 happy customers served.
Here's what a few of them have to say about Grasshopper.
We chose Grasshopper because we need all of our customer communications to be pushed to the same place.Jonathan Heuer, Home Maintenance
Having a phone number on our site increased conversion of site visitors to sign up and paid users.Allan Branch, Accountant
Grasshopper lets my company scale like never before. Now, my entire team is accessible to our customers since all employees can answer calls despite their location or time zone.Glenda Dorn, Retail Management
Grasshopper has helped me transition from being perceived as a small "mom and pop shop" to a professional business, which is a top priority for the success of my company.Jose Greer, Personal Chef