Forward your business calls anywhere.
Answer calls wherever, whenever, with call forwarding from Grasshopper.
What is call forwarding?
Call forwarding is a phone system feature that works by redirecting any incoming call to another phone number or service. For example, you can use call forwarding to send a call directly to voicemail, to your home phone, or to a colleague’s smartphone. This feature is also often referred to as “call transfer.”
Why should I get a call forwarding solution?
- Forward any incoming calls to multiple phones at once to ensure every call is always answered.
- Use the settings to create a custom schedule that forwards incoming calls to different numbers depending on the time of the day.
- Appear local to your customers by getting a number with a local area code and having it forwarded to your line.
- Save time by forwarding customer calls and questions directly to informational extensions.
- Redirect calls to pre-recorded greetings – you can pitch to potential customers while they wait!
- No need to worry if it’s right for your business — call forwarding is included at no additional cost when you sign up for a Grasshopper phone number.
Ensure calls are answered with call forwarding.
Start receiving calls for your business whenever and wherever you want.
By getting your phone number through Grasshopper, you also get access to a ton of great features:
- A full virtual phone system with call forwarding, VoIP, voicemail transcription, and many more calling features.
- SMS texts that you can send and receive on your business number.
- Mobile and desktop apps to ensure you never miss a call, even when you're not in the office.
Explore Grasshopper's features:
Desktop + Mobile Apps
Stay connected with Grasshopper on your desktop, iPhone or Android device.
Get your voicemails transcribed so you can read them without having to listen to the message!
Simultaneous Call Handling
Take calls from multiple people at the same time so no one hears a busy signal.
Record professional messages that welcome your customers when they call in.Learn more about Custom Greetings »
Keep your finger on the pulse of your business with detailed call reports.
Live US-based receptionists can help answer your Grasshopper calls!
Provide updates and quick replies via text messaging on your business number.
Use your internet connection to make and receive calls when cell reception is poor.
Have incoming faxes delivered as PDF attachments right to your email inbox.
Incoming Call Control
Screen callers, block calls and set up custom schedules for your business hours.
Business Phone Number
Choose from our inventory of vanity, local, or toll-free numbers. Or port your own for free!
Route business calls to your personal phone or to another team member.
Set up a voicemail for business calls and get MP3s of your messages through email.
Give employees or departments extensions with their own call forwarding rules.
Place callers on hold and even transfer them to another number when needed.
Automatically send a text to new callers when you can’t answer their call.
How to set up call forwarding:
Grasshopper makes it easy to use the call forwarding feature on your business line.
- Once you’ve chosen a number and signed up, go to Settings > Call Forwarding Settings > Extensions.
- Click edit next to the number an extension or create a new one.
- Select how you want Grasshopper to handle incoming and unanswered calls for each number you enter. You can forward to a cell phone or landline.
- Determine what time of day you want each number to receive calls.
- Configure your own schedule based on the time of day and which phone you’ll be using.
- Choose which order you want Grasshopper to call each number, either in order if there is no answer or simultaneously.
- To deactivate a number, click delete.
Frequently Asked Questions
It's easy. Think of a vanity number you'd like and run it through our number search tool. We'll check every available toll-free prefix to see if it's available for you!
With call blasting enabled, you can ring as many as 15 phone numbers at one time to help ensure a customer's call is answered. Please note the call blasting is a paid add-on feature to your account.
Nope! Simply click on Extensions under your settings, click “edit” next to the number you want to change the rules for, and follow the instructions underneath.
Grasshopper offers three flexible settings for determining what callers hear while their calls is being forwarded: a transfer greeting, on-hold music, or simple ringing. You can customize both the transfer greeting and hold music through their settings.
Each Grasshopper extension can forward calls to up to 15 numbers.
Yes. However, Grasshopper can only forward calls to 10-digit numbers. It can not forward calls to a softphone that is only assigned an IP address.
Yes, each call forwarding number can have specific hours for when it will accept calls. Additionally, you can set daily, weekly, and vacation schedules to route calls to their desired destinations.
Yes, simply open the Grasshopper mobile app, go to Settings > Call Forwarding Settings, and choose which extension you would like to update. At this point you will be able to change the current call forwarding number, add a new target, or delete an existing one.
Yes, Grasshopper lets you forward calls all over the globe. Please note that you will need to have international calling enabled to support this. Please contact support
You can! Grasshopper provides toll-free 800 number forwarding in addition to local number forwarding. Once you have signed up, you can easily add more numbers and set up call forwarding for each.