While many small businesses exist with a truly mobile workforce, there are many whose base of operation is their home office, kitchen, or even their garage. In those cases, people may find that it’s inconvenient and uncomfortable to conduct business solely from their mobile device.
Today, we’re excited to announce the official availability of the Grasshopper desktop app, including spam call detection, so all Grasshopper users can work seamlessly from their computer without missing a beat - or a call or text!
With the Grasshopper desktop app, you can make and receive both calls and text messages using your LAN or Wi-Fi network. Please note, for customers on a minute-based plan, inbound minutes will be consumed.
Features included in the Grasshopper desktop app:
- Voice calling over Wi-Fi: Make inbound and outbound calls from your PC or Mac using your local Wi-Fi connection.
- Send and receive text messages: SMS messaging must be enabled on your account.
- View call history with callback option: Visible call history and return call functionality makes tracking and following up on important business calls easy and convenient.
- Spam call detection: In the event of a suspected spam call, users will be notified in the app accordingly.
- Voicemail transcriptions and playback: Transcriptions require “read your voicemail” to be enabled on your Grasshopper account.
- See and download faxes
Now more than ever, we’re making it easy to connect with your customers on the device you’re currently using. You can view a missed call or voicemail transcription and respond via text message from the desktop app while talking on your mobile device.
So if you find yourself in front of the computer all day, download the Grasshopper desktop app, plug in a headset, and start making and receiving calls from your desktop today!