Creating a Business Idea
This course involves an in-depth look at items to consider when creating a business idea. Emphasis on what points to weigh when deciding on ideas, audience, market, competition and much more. It is a course in creating a business idea and preparing to pitch it to friends and family – and eventually real customers.
Course Syllabus – 6 Lessons
- Lesson 1 Brainstorming Your Company and Culture This SlideShare will outline what entrepreneurs need to think about when they're in the beginning stages of brainstorming their company and culture. Influencers will offer their knowledge and opinions on the matter.
- Lesson 2 Brainstorming Your Business Idea Potential This lesson will offer guidance on what entrepreneurs need to weigh and measure when looking at their business idea.
- Lesson 3 Brainstorming Your Business Budget This lesson will inform students on why they need a budget and what to consider when putting one together.
- Lesson 4 Business Problem Solving Techniques This lesson will educate students on potential problems they might run into, including risk and competition. This lesson will offer advice on how to measure these risks and resolve them.
- Lesson 5 Pitching Your Idea Best Practices Experts weigh in on what makes a great pitch, who to pitch to and how to stand out.
- Lesson 6 Pitching Your Ideas Do's and Don'ts It's time to take your pitch to the public! This article will offer tips on do's and don'ts and who to pitch it to (friends, family, customers).
- Fireside Chat Creating a Business That Will Make You Money Five successful entrepreneurs chat about what it takes to get your business started. Insight on determining which ideas work, and how to make it happen.
- Final Project The Pitch The final project will give students the chance to test their pitch deck against real people.
Register now to receive these materials to enhance your learning experience
- Kreg Peeler CEO and Founder, SpinGo
- Eric Black Founder, Lyla Tov Monsters
- Chris Hawker Founder & President, Trident Design, LLC
- Roberta Perry Scrubzbody Natural Skincare
- Cyndi Grasman Founder, Bad Pickle Tees
- Shannon Ware Co-owner, The Collective
- Steve Feinman District Director for SCORE
- Chris Post CEO Founder, Post Modern Marketing
- Jeff Caliguire CEO Cofounder, Convergence Point
- Andrew Royce Bauer CEO, Royce Leather Collection
- Eddie Simeon Founder, Hella Bitter LLC
Share the knowledge
Register for Brainstorming your Business Idea to receive exclusive course handouts plus a chance to interact with the course experts.