News & Buzz
Grasshopper is everywhere
Entrepreneurs, Help Heal the Economy!
I usually don’t post things that I receive through email, but I really like this inspirational video that Siamak Taghaddos helped put together.
Mr. Taghaddos is setting out to inspire entrepreneurs to heal the economy and change the world, and his latest project is the awesome video you see below (please visit the blog if the video doesn’t appear in your feed or email).
Mr. Taghaddos is the CEO and co-founder of Grasshopper, a virtual phone service for freelancers and small businesses. Interestingly enough, Taghaddos is inspiring change within his own company as Grasshopper is the result of a re-branding of GotVMail; the company he initially co-founded in 2003.
Along with the re-branding comes the desire to help inspire entrepreneurs to heal the economy and change the world, which appears to be the rallying cry for many entrepreneurs these days.
For the Detail Freaks…
As you know by now, I’m a stickler for having all the details and here they are:
- The video was created by leading visual designer Ben White of the UK; visit Ben’s Vimeo page to see other videos he has put together.
- Carly Comando is the composer of the song used in the video, and is best known for composing the music for Noah Kalina’s “Everyday” video and the NBA’s “Where Amazing Happens” campaign.
- Last but not least, Sonja Jacob—founder of The Cultivated Word—wrote and produced the video. You can read Sonja’s thoughts on the project by visiting her blog.
For the Design Freaks…
Not only is the video inspirational, but I highly recommend taking note of the typography and visual design as inspiration for your own presentations.
Here are the design details just in case you were wondering:
- Software used: Adobe After Effects
- Fonts used: Swiss721BT and a custom handwritten font
I really hope you like the video, and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments!
The Closet Entrepreneur