Vanity Numbers for Your Business
Custom Toll Free Numbers
- Get customized vanity numbers
- Transfer existing vanity numbers
- Get toll free 800, 888, 877 or 866 numbers instantly
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
Sound more professional with vanity numbers
Considering a vanity number for your business? A vanity number will not only help your business sound more professional but also look more professional.
Vanity numbers are easy to remember so they're great for companies who do business over the phone on a national level or those who spend a lot of money on display advertising, like a billboard. Relying on customers to remember the 10 digit number they just saw on a billboard as they pass on the highway is simply unrealistic. Expecting them to remember something like 1-800-Flowers as they drive by makes a lot more sense.
Vanity numbers are great for business, but there is definitely an art to picking your number.
Here are a few tips for picking the perfect vanity number:
Make it easy to remember.
- It is all about the letters, so avoiding numbers at all costs is your best bet.
- Example: 1-800-Flowers.
Communicate what your business does.
- They are an extension of your brand. Use your number to tell people what you do like 1-800-Contacts does. There's no confusion over what they sell there!
Avoid unique spellings.
- One of the big benefits is that it's easy to remember. Don't make it hard to remember by getting creative using a "Z" instead of an "S." For example: Using "catz" when "cats" isn't available.
Avoid hybrid numbers.
- It's a lot easier to remember 1-800-GoFedEx than 1-800-876-Ship because people still have to remember the 876.
Keeping those tips in mind, coming up with a vanity number is easy! The hard part is finding it. These numbers have been around since the early '90s so a lot of common numbers have been taken and used. Luckily, there are 5 toll free prefixes to work with, 1-800, 1-888, 1-877, 1-866, and the newest, 1-855, so you have more options than just the traditional 1-800 prefix.
Vanity numbers can have a great impact on your business so be sure to choose the best one for your company!
Frequently asked questions about vanity numbers:
What is a vanity number?
It is a custom toll free number that spells a word of mnemonic to make it easier for customers to remember your number.
What are the benefits of a vanity number?
- Easy to remember
- Look more professional
- Lends credibility to your business
- Great marketing/branding tool
Where can I get a vanity number for my business?
You can get one from any toll free number provider, including Grasshopper.
Join the Conversation with Grasshopper
Over 250,000 Happy Customers Served
Here's what a few of them have to say about Grasshopper
I am now a huge fan of Grasshopper… truly saved the day (and my sanity).Carolyn Appleton Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc.
Having a phone number on our site increased conversion of site visitors to sign ups and paid users!Allan Branch LessAccounting