Women Can Change the World
A Video Produced by Grasshopper
Throughout history, we've been inspired by courageous women who challenged the conventional thinking of their time and lived life on their terms, many selflessly devoted to a higher calling. These forerunners have shown us that we don't have to let our past or our circumstances cast a shadow in our way.
Every day, more and more women rise above the frustrations of gender inequality, workplace injustices and glass ceilings. They nurture the most innovative ideas, birth and rebirth business, and protect what is dear to them. Women everywhere are unleashing the power of choice to reap their own rewards, shape their own destinies and empower future generations.
All over the globe, women are finding solutions to current and persistent challenges. They do what they love, work where they want. The point in the sky is their only limit. The road has been paved for conviction to triumph doubt.
As you follow your innermost yearnings and your entrepreneurial endeavors, remember that every situation is an opportunity to give your best, to challenge yourself, to persevere in tough times and celebrate in good ones. Every time you put forth your best contribution, the legacy lives on.
Women in order of appearance:
- Elizabeth Taylor, Actress
- Random flapper
- Amelia Earhart, Aviatrix
- Eleanor Roosevelt, First lady
- Julia Child, Celebrity chef
- Jackie Kennedy, First lady
- U.S. Naval Officers
- Mother Teresa, Humanitarian
- Betty Friedan, Feminist
- Indira Gandhi, Prime Minister of India
- Oprah, Media Mogul
- Margaret Thatcher, Prime Minister of England
- Katie Couric, Broadcast Journalist
- Alice Walker, Pulitzer Prize winning author
- Tina Fey, Comedian
- Danica Patrick, Race car driver
- Ellen Degeneres, Comedian
- Sally Ride, Astronaut
- Arianna Huffington, New media pioneer
- Martha Stewart, TV personality
- Condoleezza Rice, Political Scientist
- Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
- Marissa Mayer, CEO, Yahoo!
Soundtrack: Ludovico Einaudi - Earth Prelude
Producer/Director: Siamak Taghaddos
Editor: Matthew Belinkie