Phone.com vs Grasshopper
Virtual PBX Comparisons
Phone.com launched in September 2007 by Mike Mann as a low-cost VOIP service.
Phone.com offers three main products:
- Virtual Office
- Home Phone Plus
- Virtual Number
Virtual Office is a virtual phone system that offers customers a number which can then be forwarded to any other phone. Features include voicemail, after-hours greetings, call forwarding and more.
Home Phone Plus is a service that allows customers to receive home phone calls through the internet. Features include voicemail, call forwarding and number porting.
Virtual Number gives customers a phone number which can then be forwarded to another number. Features include call routing, caller ID, call screening and more.
Virtual Office is priced based on monthly minutes and included phone numbers. Phone.com offers four plans with both monthly and annual pricing. Prices range from $14.88 for 300 minutes to $74.88 for 2500 minutes and 3 numbers.
Home Phone Plus offers three different plans; a monthly plan that includes 250 minutes for $9.88/month, a monthly unlimited minutes plan at $19.88/month and an annual unlimited minutes plan for $214/yr.
Virtual Number is $4.88/month and includes 250 minutes, a local phone number and voicemail.
How is Grasshopper different?
Phone.com and Grasshopper offer many of the same features but there are a few key differences:
- Additional Features Phone.com offers professional voice recordings at additional costs based on usage. Costs are dependent on project and the number of scripts. Four general scripts can run $260. Voice studio, the Grasshopper professional voice recordings feature is $75 for unlimited use (no specified length of time).
- Free Month vs. 30 Day Money Back Guarantee Phone.com offers a free month of service with their virtual office plan. According to the site, this “applies to monthly fees only. One month free is subject to terms & conditions. Toll free charges and usage charges still apply.” Grasshopper currently offers customers a 30 day money back guarantee .
- Products & Plans Virtual Office is the product most similar to the Grasshopper virtual phone system. It includes many of the same features and offers four plans at $14.88, $24.88, $39.88 and $74.88. Grasshopper offers four plans starting at $9.95.
What others are saying
Phone Support as the Entrepreneur’s Millenium Falcon
We’ve spent the last month surveying startups in depth about their customer support efforts, leading us to a surprising conclusion: the telephone might act for a
Setting up a virtual pbx with Twilio, OpenVBX and PHP Fog
We’ve been reading that adding a phone number increases conversions. When people sign up and pay us, we give them our cell phone numbers. But, we wanted to have a way
How to Start a New Business on the Cheap, Part 2
Earlier this week I gave you three keys to starting a business on a tiny budget. That first post focused on planning, fundraising, and office space. Now let’s look at the
- Get a local or toll free number, call forwarding, voicemails transcribed, unlimited extensions and more!
- Plans starting at $12/month