OneBox vs Grasshopper
Virtual PBX Comparisons
Onebox is a virtual PBX service owned and operated by j2 Global Communications, a technology company founded in 1995 and based in Hollywood, CA.
Onebox offers three different products:
- Onebox Receptionist
- Onebox Executive
- Onebox Unified Messaging
Onebox Receptionist is a virtual receptionist service with extensions, voicemail, call routing and faxing. There are three different plans available based on minutes and extensions.
Onebox Executive is similar to the Receptionist product but does not include the features like voicemail, extensions or call routing. It simply answers your calls with a recorded greeting and forwards to the number you have designated. Three plans are available under this product.
Onebox Unified Messaging is designed to be a virtual office, managing voicemails, emails and faxes. It does not however include the virtual receptionist service the other plans do. Only one plan is available under this product.
Onebox costs are dependent on the product and the plan.
Onebox Receptionist includes three plans ranging from $49.95 per month to 99.95 per month based on minutes and extensions. The Executive product includes three plans ranging from $16.95 per month to $29.95 per month based on minutes. Unified Messaging is $12.95 per month for 100 minutes or 100 faxes.
How is Grasshopper different?
Onebox offers many of the same features as the Grasshopper virtual phone system. Here are some of the key differences between the two products:
- Products, Features & Pricing Onebox Receptionist is the product most similar to the Grasshopper virtual phone system. It includes many of the same features and offers three plans at $49.95, $79.95, $99.95. Executive and Messaging include a limited number of features.Grasshopper offers four plans starting at $12. All plans from Pay as you Grow to Max include the same features.
- Unlimited Extensions Pricing for the Receptionist & Executive product are based on the number of minutes and extensions you need. While Grasshopper offers an unlimited number of extensions for each plan, Onebox charges around $6.50 for each additional extension.
- Multiple Numbers Each Onebox plan includes one toll free or local number. The Grasshopper Grow and Max plans include multiple numbers (Grow plan includes 2 while the Max plan includes 3).
What others are saying
Phone Support as the Entrepreneur’s Millenium Falcon
We’ve spent the last month surveying startups in depth about their customer support efforts, leading us to a surprising conclusion: the telephone might act for a
Setting up a virtual pbx with Twilio, OpenVBX and PHP Fog
We’ve been reading that adding a phone number increases conversions. When people sign up and pay us, we give them our cell phone numbers. But, we wanted to have a way
How to Start a New Business on the Cheap, Part 2
Earlier this week I gave you three keys to starting a business on a tiny budget. That first post focused on planning, fundraising, and office space. Now let’s look at the
- Get a local or toll free number, call forwarding, voicemails transcribed, unlimited extensions and more!
- Plans starting at $12/month