Call Forwarding for 800, Toll Free, and Local Numbers
Get Call Forwarding for Your Business or Local Number
- Never miss a call with call forwarding
- You and your employees stay connected anywhere in the world
- Forward calls to any number on any phone
- 800 number forwarding is simple!
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
Forward Calls to Home, Office, Cell or Smart Phones
No matter how big or small your business is, you want customers to be able to get in touch with you and your employees. As dedicated as you may be, you’re going to have to leave the office eventually.
Grasshopper call forwarding is a surefire way to make sure you don’t miss a call and to make traveling, telecommuting, and geographically diverse employees accessible through your toll-free number.
Call screening allows you to maintain productivity by only addressing calls that are of the utmost importance.
Benefits of Call Forwarding
- You and your staff can always be available to customers, at any time of the day.
- You can easily be reached whether you step away from your desk or fly across the world.
- Calls can be diverted to another employee when you are unavailable.
- Customized on-hold commercial allows you to share vital information and pitch to potential customers while they wait.
- Options allow you to screen the call before deciding if you want to take it or send to voicemail.
This feature helps businesses small and large. Whether you have employees spread across the country or you just want to field calls after hours, Grasshopper call forwarding ensures that everyone can stay in touch.
Tips for Using Call Forwarding
Call forwarding is an amazing tool for keeping in touch and staying abreast of things when you’re not in the office. You want to use it, but if you’re not careful, work calls can take over your life. Here are a few simple tips for preventing call forwarding from hurting your work-life balance:
- Turn off you cell phone when you know you don’t want to be bothered
- Utilize the scheduling feature of Grasshopper call forwarding to turn forwards to your cell off during certain hours or on certain days
- Take advantage of the caller ID screening feature – if it’s not important, send it to voicemail
- Add an employee or coworker’s number to your call forwarding – they can handle it if you’re busy
- Post the hours you’re available on your website and include them in your voicemail message and on-hold commercial to limit the calls that come through after hours
If you take just a few extra steps, you can get all the benefits of virtual call forwarding without losing the delicate balance between work and home life.
How to Set Up Call Forwarding
Once you add your extension, you can activate call forwarding. You’ll see a button to “Add a forwarding number.” Just type in the number you want calls forwarded to. You can add up to six forwarding numbers per extension.
Now you can decide how Grasshopper should announce calls to this number and when to forward and not to forward to it. If you add more than one forwarding number, you can designate the order to call them and how long to keep trying if you don’t pick up.
Once you’re all set up, you can choose the on-hold music your callers will hear from Grasshopper’s library or record your own commercial.
Frequently asked questions about local numbers:
What options do I have when calls are forwarded to me?
By default, when a call is forwarded to you, you have three options after picking up the line. Each option will be announced to you before you begin speaking with the caller. The first option is to press 1 to accept the call. Option 2 will send the caller to voicemail and option 3 will read the caller ID so you can determine whether you want to take the call.
How many phone numbers can I have Grasshopper ring to try to reach me?
Each extension can ring up to six different phone numbers in the order of your preference. Callers will hear on hold music, or your own customized on-hold commercial, while our virtual phone system locates you. You may also program the days and hours that each number is called.
Can I have calls forwarded to more than one number?
Yes. Each extension can ring up to six different phone numbers in the order of your preference.
What types of phones can my calls be forwarded to?
With worldwide call forwarding, you and your employees can be reached on virtually any telephone in the world including home, office, VoIP or mobile phones.
What do callers hear while the call is being forwarded?
With Grasshopper call forwarding, callers will hear on hold music that you choose, or your own customized on-hold commercial, while our virtual phone system locates you.
Can I program when to forward to each number?
Yes. You can program the days and hours that calls are routed to each forward number you add.
How do I disable call forwarding?
Disabling one particular number or call forwarding in general is as easy as logging into your account and changing the forward setting to “Off.” You’ll also see an option to delete the number from call forwarding.
Can I use call forwarding for my local number?
Yes. Grasshopper features both 800 forwarding and local number forwarding.
People Discussing Grasshopper
Over 150,000 Happy Customers Served
Here's what a few of them have to say about Grasshopper
I am now a huge fan of Grasshopper… truly saved the day (and my sanity).Carolyn Appleton Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc.
Having a phone number on our site increased conversion of site visitors to sign ups and paid users!Allan Branch LessAccounting