Write for the Grasshopper Blog
Interested in writing for the Grasshopper Blog? Great! We’re excited to have you. If you’ve got great insights for entrepreneurs, marketers and small business owners, check out our guidelines and follow the steps below.
- Each post needs to be 100% original and written by you. You’re the expert, after all.
- Your post cannot be previously published anywhere else.
- Posts should be 1000-2000 words and focus on actionable marketing advice for small businesses and startups. If readers can find all the stuff you’re saying elsewhere, it’s not a fit.
- We like a friendly, down-to-earth style and tone.
- We will not publish promotional content.
- We will allow you 1 link to your social media profiles, blog, and or company website on your author page. We reserve the right to remove any links.
- Any post you submit may undergo some edits and changes by our team.
- We reserve the right to reject a post if we feel it does not meet our guidelines.
Step 1. Check out the Grasshopper Blog to see what we currently publish. Sign up for our weekly content digest to get a feel for our style.
Step 2. Read our guidelines and make sure you understand them.
Step 3. Fill out the form at the bottom of this page and include your idea. Your pitch will go to Emma Siemasko, our Content Marketing Specialist. Emma will contact you within one week to approve your idea or request revisions.
Step 4. If approved, email the submission to Emma with a headshot and author bio. She’ll get back to you within one week, letting you know when the post will go live, or if she wants a few edits and revisions.
Step 5. Sit back and wait for your post to go live on the Grasshopper Blog! Share your post on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and send it to your Mom.