Contest: Take Your Dream Team to the Final Four!by Grasshopper Team Published in News & Updates on
**We’ve extended the deadline to submit a team until March 9th at 8 PM EST. Read why here. Submit your team now!**
With March Madness just around the corner, we thought it’d be fun to get in on the action and host a March Madness contest of our own. Assemble your ideal startup “team” from our list of CEOs, cities, funding strategies and more and be entered for a chance to win a trip for you and a friend to the NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four & National Championship games in New Orleans. Now remember, this won’t be your average team, your team will be made up of a CEO, a location and business strategies – so choose wisely!
Think you’ve got what it takes to take your startup dream team all the way to the Final Four? Then let’s see it!
Simply submit your dream team and you could be at the Final Four! At the close of this week, we’ll pick the top 16 teams based on team selections and pitch to move on to week two, where its up to the public to decide who moves on.
If your team is selected as one of the top 16 teams, you’ll need to get out there and get voters to move you into the next round. The 8 teams with the most votes at the end of week 2 will move on to the 3rd week. At the end of the 3rd week, the 4 teams with the most votes will move onto the Final Four round. The team with the most votes in week four will win the grand prize!
There’s also something in it for teams that didn’t make it to the Sweet 16 and for our voters. At the end of the contest we’ll be giving away four $50 Amazon gift cards as assist prizes.
To be entered to win the grand prize, you MUST submit a dream team this week, February 27 from 9 AM EST to March 2 at 5 PM EST. Submit your team now!
Remember, this contest is based on public votes, so be sure to tap your network for votes! See the rest of the blog post for more details.
- Submit your dream team to us here. We’ll pick the Sweet 16 teams and send them on to week two for public voting.
- February 27 at 9:00 AM EST – March 2 at 5:00 PM EST
- Open voting on our blog. Vote for your favorite team to make it to the Elite 8 (8 teams move on)
- March 5 at 9:00 AM EST – March 9 at 8:00 PM EST
- Open voting on our blog. Vote for your favorite team to make it to the Final Four (4 teams move on)
- March 12 at 9:00 AM EST – March 16 at 8:00 PM EST
- Open voting on our blog. Vote for your favorite team to win the Final Four hotel & ticket package- 1 team wins
- March 19 at 9:00 AM EST – March 23 at 5:00 PM EST
- 1 grand prize: 4 night stay at the Omni Royal Hotel and 2 tickets to both the Final Four and National Championship in New Orleans (click for details)*
- 4 assists: (4) $50 Amazon gift cards (anyone who votes at least once or submits a team is eligible for these assists)
*To be eligible for the grand prize you must be able to go to the semi-final and final March Madness games (March 30th – April 3rd) AND be able to pay for your own airfare to New Orleans for those 4 days.
Here’s how to play:
1. Draft your dream team (here)
- Select ONE CEO, ONE location, ONE product type, ONE funding type, and ONE exit strategy from the options listed on the form.
- You will have ONE wildcard that can be used in any one category you want. Remember you may only use it once, so choose wisely. Example: Don’t like the choices for CEOs? Pick your own.
2. Name your team
- Pick a good one because we’ll be using this as one of the deciding factors for what teams make it to the first round of voting.
3. Give us your pitch!
- Tell us why your team deserves to be one of the 16 teams to make it to the first round. What makes your business unique? Why is your business going to be more successful than another? What’s your business’ mission? Make sure you really sell us on your team as your pitch will also be used to help us decide what teams will make the Sweet 16 and the first official round of public voting.
NOTE: We must receive your team entry by March 2nd at 5 PM EST in order to be entered to win the grand prize and have your team eligible for public voting. Enter here.
How the contest works:
After we’ve received all the dream team entries, we (Grasshopper employees) will select the top 16 teams that we think are Sweet 16 worthy. From there, we’ll pass the ball to you. On Monday, March 5th at 9 AM we’ll announce the teams who made it to the Sweet 16 on our blog so be sure to check back to see what teams made it! We’ll also send an email to alert the teams who made it to the Sweet 16 so they can start working on their offense.
If your team is selected as one of the 16 teams, congratulations, you’re officially in the running for the grand prize! Be sure to encourage your family, friends, network and everyone you know to vote for your team as it’s up to the public to choose what teams move on each week.
Everyone can vote once per round. Each round starts on a Monday and ends on a Friday. There will be three public voting rounds total. In order to make it to the next round, you must be one of the teams with the most votes at the end of each round. You’ll need to get votes each week as votes don’t carry over (only in the case of a tie will total number of votes matter. See below for more information). Team didn’t make it to the Sweet 16? Support those who did and vote for them!
Voting will take place each week on our blog. Check back every Monday (for the duration of the contest) to see what teams made it through to the next round and be sure to vote again for who you’d like to see make it through to the following week. Remember, the teams with the most votes move onto the next round.
How to win:
To win the grand prize, your team must have enough votes to move on each week and finish the 4th week with the most votes.
- Week 2: The 8 teams with the most votes will move on to week three.
- Week 3: The 4 teams with the most votes will move on to week four.
- Week 4: The team with the most votes at the end of the week will win the grand prize.
To be eligible to win the 2 tickets to both the Final Four and National Championship and a 4 night hotel stay at Omni Royal Hotel your team must make it to the Final Four (week four) and finish the week with the most votes as of 5 PM EST on March 23rd.
To be entered to win 1 of the 4 assist prizes, you must have either submitted a dream team and/or voted at least once.
In the event of a tie in week two, all tied teams will advance. If there is a tie in week three, the team with the highest votes from all rounds will move on to the next round. If there is a tie at the end of week four, the team with the highest votes from all rounds will be selected as the winner.
The winner of the grand prize as well as the 4 assist prize winners will be announced on Friday, March 23 at 6:00 PM EST on our blog.
By submitting a team you are agreeing to our terms & conditions.
We hope you are as excited as we are for this contest & we can’t wait to see the entries! Go submit your team and let the madness begin!