Considering Equity?by Emma Siemasko Published in Startup on
Financing a small business is no easy feat. That’s why many small businesses and startups offer equity to employees and investors.
And if you’re an employee who’s been offered equity, you want to find out if you’re getting a good deal.
But equity is complicated. Super complicated.
So, we’ve made it easier in our new comprehensive guide on Business Equity for Entrepreneurs. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Chapter 1: Is Equity Even For Me? Whether or not equity is right for your business and the different types of equity.
- Chapter 2: The How-tos of Equity Financing The pros and cons of equity financing, how to find investors, and how to negotiate a deal.
- Chapter 3: The How-tos of Equity Compensation The pros and cons of equity compensation, types of equity compensation and vesting terms, and how much equity you should offer your employees.
- Chapter 4: Getting Paid in Equity: Help for Employees Gauge the company’s ability to sell, sweat equity vs. equity compensation, equity by position, and vested equity.
- Chapter 5: Equity Resources for Your Business How to calculate equity, resources to help you on your journey, resources for employees considering equity.
P.S. We’d love if you tweeted or shared our guide!