Creating Your Marketing Strategy
- Completion time About 5 minutes
Marketing Strategy Tactics to Remember
Brainstorming the business message (:29)
- Start your "brain dump" by heading to an offsite location (park or coffee shop) to get the creative juices flowing.
- Imagine that a member of your target audience is right in front of you and you're having a conversation about the business. This will help you determine if your business message is getting across effectively.
Performing industry analysis (1:23)
- Request data on specific industry topics from helpful resources such as market research companies.
Keeping up with market trends (1:40)
- Be attentive to where trends are headed, not where they are in present time.
Performing competitive analysis (2:02)
- The first step in your competitive analysis should be a Google search to see which websites come up for keywords you want to target. This will allow you to see who your competition is.
- Get insight on how the competition communicates with customers by checking out social media profiles.
Identifying your audience (2:53)
- Make your customers understand that your business is doing something of value for them.
Selecting marketing channels (3:23)
- To begin, utilize simple, free or low-cost tools like social media.
- Test your message on your friends, family and industry peers to see if it's resonating.
Deciding on product pricing (3:58)
- Start with sample pricing and get feedback
- Make sure pricing is attentive to the overall mood of the market