888 Numbers for Your Business
Get an 888 Toll Free Number
- Search 888 numbers instantly
- 888 numbers are toll free
- Transfer existing 888 numbers
- 888 numbers are great for small businesses
- Send text messages from your 888 number
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
Sound more professional with 888 numbers
Think of a toll free number as an asset to your business. When customers and users call your line, they’ll reach your help desk or customer service without being charged for the call. When people think of toll free calling, they usually think of 800 numbers. In fact, there are other great options.
Guess what? An 888 number acts the same as an 800 number. Instead of using the traditional 800 prefix which is tougher to come by these days, 888 is another option.
Why not 800?
Toll free numbers are popular, and for good reason. 800 numbers allow a user to call free of charge, putting the price of the call on the business rather than the customer.
Because 800 numbers became so popular for business use, the telecommunications industry introduced 888 as an alternative prefix. After introducing 888, the industry released a number of other options. Today, these numbers are widely known and accepted as a toll free option.
Grasshopper carries all of the options, as well as local numbers. We have tons of 888 numbers in stock.
Why should I get a number starting with 888?
- You’ll always own it. Today’s numbers are owned by you. A carrier doesn’t own it, and it can be transferred to services as you see fit.
- Your business looks good. Toll free numbers make a business look professional, even if you’re running operations from your basement.
- It’s free for your callers. Don’t charge your callers for reaching out to you. Provide them with free calling, and it will boost your customer service.
- You’ll have a national presence. You won’t have national clout if you have a local number. If you want people to be buying your product or services from all over the country, you best sign up for a number that shows that.
Tips for choosing a number:
- Use your business name or an industry specific term! (Think 1-800-Flowers or 1-800-Contacts)
- Keep it simple. Avoid odd or unique spellings.
- Try to choose a number that is easy to remember
Frequently asked questions about 888 numbers:
Is 888 Toll Free?
Are these numbers expensive?
Usually, people buy them through a service like Grasshopper, and the cost depends on the service provider. More often than not, the cost of an 800 or 888 number covers the service provider, the plan you choose, the minutes you use, and the actual number.
Are there any differences between 888 and other toll free numbers?
No matter which code you choose, all of the prefixes work the same and give the same benefits. Because "true" 800 numbers are so in demand, they often cost more to buy up front. And now you can get 844 phone numbers too.
Can I send and receive text messages with my 888 number?
You bet! Grasshopper now offers Business SMS on both toll free and local numbers.
Join the Conversation with Grasshopper
Over 300,000 Happy Customers Served
Here's what a few of them have to say about Grasshopper
I am now a huge fan of Grasshopper… truly saved the day (and my sanity).Carolyn Appleton Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc.
Having a phone number on our site increased conversion of site visitors to sign ups and paid users!Allan Branch LessAccounting