844 Numbers Are Now Available!
Get Your New Number Here
- Get 844 toll free numbers instantly
- Get a customized 844 vanity number
- 844 is the newest toll free prefix out there
- 844 numbers are great for small businesses
- Send text messages from your 844 number
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
844 Numbers Are Now Available!
Get Your New Number Here
As of December 7th, 2013 a whole new batch of toll free numbers became available for companies to register for their business, with a new prefix of 844. So, what does that mean?
New phone numbers that were not previously available, are now available. Companies will have the opportunity to get easier to remember numbers such as 844-111-1111, and 844 vanity numbers such as 844-CAR-WASH, or 844-FLOWERS, or even something like 844-CELTICS.
Cost of the New Numbers
Grasshopper has these numbers available as low as $12/month – which also gets you unlimited extensions for your phone line and EVERY other feature our phone system has available. We’ll even waive our $25 activation fee! Where some companies have been charging as much as $99 per order for these new numbers, you can get yours from Grasshopper MUCH cheaper.
Pick Your Perfect 844 Vanity Number
The best part of these new 844 numbers is the ability to get the exact vanity number you want. Many 800 numbers have been swiped up, so now is your opportunity to get the perfect vanity number before it’s too late.
You can look through available numbers here.
Here are a few tips for picking the best number:
- Make it easy to remember. It’s all about the letters, so avoiding numbers at all costs is your best best—1-844-FLOWERS is a very easy to remember number.
- Communicate what your business does. This number is an extension of your brand. Use your number to tell people what you do like 1-800-CONTACTS does.
- Avoid unique spellings. One of the big benefits is that a vanity number is easy to remember. Don't make it hard to remember by getting creative using a "Z" instead of an "S." For example: Using "catz" when "cats" isn't available.
- Avoid hybrid numbers. It's a lot easier to remember 1-800-GoFedEx than 1-800-876-Ship because people still have to remember the 876.
Benefits of 844 Numbers
Improve customer satisfaction
With an 844 number, you can improve your customer service and satisfaction simply by being available to take their call. Your number makes it easier for your customers to reach you and get their questions answered. They’ll be able to call you any day, at any time and it won’t cost them a thing. The easier you make it for your customers to reach you, the more likely they are to remain a customer.
Easy to remember
Another benefit of having a toll free number for your business is that it’s much easier to remember than any other number, especially if it’s a vanity number. It’s a lot easier for people to remember 1-800-Flowers than it is to remember 1-800-356-9377. People are more likely to call you, it can generate more sales and it can be a really powerful marketing tool for your business.
Toll free numbers aren’t just for big corporations; they are great for companies of all sizes, especially those just starting a business. Having a toll free number gives your business credibility and enhances your company’s image. You could be working out of your basement and no one would know.
With a toll free number, location doesn’t matter. Relocating your business? Your customers won’t even know! You can still be reached by your toll free number regardless of where you are located, simply by forwarding your calls to your cell phone or any other phone for that matter! Did you also know that once you purchase a toll free number it’s yours? Even if you change providers, you can take your number with you.
Did you know 844 numbers can help you better track your marketing efforts? An 844 toll free number allows you to create extensions, which can then be associated with a particular campaign. One number for print, one for the website, etc. Your toll free number can act as a marketing tool and as a result can increase your call volume, sales and ROI.
Differences between 844 Numbers and 800 Numbers
- There are no functionality differences between 844 numbers and other toll free prefixes.
- The main difference is that 844 numbers have never been accessible before, so there are many more options available to companies. It’s a new chance to get the “perfect” number for your business that may not have been available before.
- Another small difference is the volume of numbers made available, the following data has been released before around quantity of toll free numbers available from the FCC:
- 6.5 million available 800 numbers
- 5.0 million available 888 numbers
- 4.9 million available 877 numbers
- 3.1 million available 866 numbers
Is an 844 Number Actually a “Toll Free” Number?
In a word – yes.
It functions the same as an 800 number, or any of the others (888, 877, 866, 855), but now there are a lot more options!
They Won’t Last Long
855 numbers were the last “new” prefix released to the public by the FCC and that was all the way back in October 2010. It could definitely be a while before anyone gets this type of opportunity again so we recommend seizing the opportunity at hand. Lots of companies out there are trying to take advantage of businesses by charging $99 per per-registration order if they can successfully reserve your number; others charge as much as $650 for the full package of reservation and successful claim of number. If you’ve registered elsewhere, you can still port your number to Grasshopper, or, you can register for them with us directly.
Join the Conversation with Grasshopper
Over 250,000 Happy Customers Served
Here's what a few of them have to say about Grasshopper
I am now a huge fan of Grasshopper… truly saved the day (and my sanity).Carolyn Appleton Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc.
Having a phone number on our site increased conversion of site visitors to sign ups and paid users!Allan Branch LessAccounting