800 Phone Numbers for Your Business
Get 800, 866, 877 or 888 phone numbers
- Get toll free 800, 888, 877 or 866 numbers instantly
- Get customized vanity numbers
- Transfer existing 800 numbers
- 800 numbers are great for small businesses
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!
Sound more professional with 800 numbers
Regardless of the industry you're in, every business needs a way for customers to contact them. With an office of one, you may be able to get away with using just your local number, but as your business grows it's likely that your local number will no longer cut it and it will make sense to get an 800 number.
An 800 number can also come in handy before then too by making you look bigger and giving your small business the professional look and feel it needs to get those first few customers through the door.
Common benefits and uses of 800 numbers by businesses include:
- It's portable so you're not tied down to any one toll-free service provider.
- They give your business a national presence.
- They help centralize your business. It doesn't matter if your employees are spread out all over the country, you'll still only need one contact number.
- They make it easy (and free) for your customers to call you from all over the country, making it more likely they'll call you.
- They can be used to track your marketing efforts. Try this: use a dedicated 800 number for each of your marketing campaigns and track the success of each by where the calls are coming from.
- Get access to features like call forwarding, unlimited extensions and voicemail.
- Best of all, they grow with your business. Changing phone systems? No worries, you can still keep your number and all the great benefits!
These numbers helps businesses of all sizes. Some businesses have even built their entire brands around their number like 1-800-FLOWERS and FedEx whose 800 number is 1-800-GoFedEx.
Tips for picking the perfect 800 number:
- Make it easy to remember
- Avoid weird/unique spellings
- Try and communicate what you do, or your business name
Frequently asked questions about 800 numbers:
How do I get an 800 number for my business?
You can get one through any toll-free service provider. Since they are portable, meaning you own the number and are not tied down to any one service provider, the toll-free service provider doesn't matter. Once you select the provider you want to go with, getting an 800 number is as simple as signing up and selecting a number.
How much does an 800 number cost?
The cost can vary depending on your service provider. The cost generally depends on the toll-free service provider, the plan you chose and the amount of minutes you use per month. At Grasshopper, you can get one for as low as $12.95 per month.
Is there a difference between the 800, 888, 877, 866 and 855 prefixes?
No. Toll free numbers come in five formats, 1-800, 1-888, 1-877, 1-866, and the newest, 1-855 and they all work the same. However, the 1-800 prefix is the only "true" 800 number. We often times get the questions "Is 866 a toll free number prefix?" or "are 877 numbers really toll free?". Regardless of which prefix you chose, they all work the same and offer you the same benefits.
Can I look-up available 800 numbers?
Yes. You can look-up available 800 numbers that we currently offer within our signup section.
Over 100,000 Happy Customers Served
Here's what a few of them have to say about Grasshopper
I am now a huge fan of Grasshopper… truly saved the day (and my sanity).Carolyn Appleton Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc.
Having a phone number on our site increased conversion of site visitors to sign ups and paid users!Allan Branch LessAccounting